Monday, April 14, 2014

Week 4 /Fast 7 - recipe for a vegetarian 220 cal dinner

Am quite looking forward to mondays - my day of healing, learning to love the hunger pangs and the (hopefully) shrinking waistline from it all :)

Morning-Afternoon 3 teas with 8 tsp milk in all (24 cal)

Drinking a lot of cucumber-mint-ginger flavoured water

Afternoon - Saffola Veggie Twist Masala Oats (157 cal) with 10 cal worth greens chopped up
(167 cal)



Dinner - Mung sprout sprout with mixed veggies on the side
 (Quite unbelievable at ~220 calories (actual calorie count comes to 208, but I added an extra 12 calories for misc spice powders etc.)

For the Mung sprouts pancake (Pesarattu) - 76 cals
Ingredients
100 grams Mung sprouts - 31 calories 
Ginger+ green chilli - 5 cal
1 tsp oil - 40 cal 


How to:
Grind the moong sprouts, ginger, chilli with some salt and water to form a pancake batter.
On a non stick skillet, make one large pancake-a few drops of oil on this side. After 3-4 min on medium flame, flip over the golden side and turn and cook the other side. 
Cook on both sides and serve warm.

Fat-Free Dry Mixed Veg Curry (73 cals) or  132 cals with yogurt-pomegranate 
Ingredients
1 garlic clove
1/2 tsp each cumin seeds, mustard seeds
100 gram cauliflower -25 cal (broken into small florets- wash well and keep aside)
1 carrot small - 20 cal
1 cup chopped red cabbage  -28 cal
Coriander powder 1 tsp
Chili powder 1/4 tsp
turmeric powder 1/4 tsp
Curry powder 1 tsp
salt
water

to Serve2 tbsp Yogurt -50 cal
1 tbsp Pomegranate seeds  - 9 cals

How to make curry
In a wok, dry fry the chopped garlic, cumin and mustard seeds, until mustard pops. 
Add the cauliflower, carrot and cabbage - spice powders, toss well.
Add 1/4 cup water - cover and cook on low flame until done and water has evaporated.
Garnish with fresh coriander or some crushed kasoori Methi (dried fenugreek leaves)

I had this with a small dollop of yogurt topped with a few pomegranate seeds 

Count for the day is ~450 calories

1 comment:

  1. I was diagnosed with stage 3 breast cancer in August of 2010. A precious friend told me about Dr Itua Herbal Center in West Africa,She gave me his contact number and email address,I contacted him quickly so he give me guaranty that his herbal medicine will cure my cancer and i will be heal forever I said Okay.I ask him about the process for the cure,he ask me to pay for the fees which i did and within 7 working days he sent me the herbal medicine then he instructed me on how to drink it for two weeks to cure.I told Gomez my friend about the herbal medicine so he gave me go ahead to drink it.So after drinking it for two weeks i was cured I'm so grateful and i promise i will recommend anyone with cancer to him and that what i'm doing.Dr Itua Herbal Medicine makes me believes there is a hope for people suffering from,Parkinson's disease,Schizophrenia,Cancer,Scoliosis,Bladder Cancer,Colorectal Cancer,Tach Disease,Ovarian Cancer,Pancreatic Cancer,Breast Cancer,Kidney Cancer,Leukemia,Lung Cancer,Skin Cancer,
    Glaucoma.measles, tetanus, whooping cough, tuberculosis, polio and diphtheria, Cataracts,Macular degeneration,Cardiovascular disease,Lung disease.Enlarged prostate,Osteoporosis.Alzheimer's disease,
    Dementia.Uterine Cancer,Prostate Cancer,Fibromyalgia,a
    Syndrome Fibrodysplasia ,Parkinson's disease,Epilepsy Dupuytren's disease,
    Diabetes ,Coeliac disease, Angiopathy, Ataxia,Arthritis,Tach Disease,Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis,Alzheimer's disease,Adrenocortical carcinoma.Asthma,Allergic diseases.Hiv_ Aids,Herpes,Inflammatory bowel disease ,Copd,Diabetes.
    Here Is His Contact Info......[Email...drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com/ info@drituaherbalcenter.com. Whatsapp...+2348149277967]

    ReplyDelete